Tuesday 20 March 2018

PGPX Experience in a Nutshell

The PGPX program had been the focal point of my life the past year. Its Convocation time at IIM Ahmedabad and soon we will be alumni to the institute. Amidst all the celebration and before the convocation activities set I feel its the right time to write a short reflective post of the past year capturing the moments that have a special place for me.
  1. Meeting the highly talented bunch of 115 people from different industries , functions , roles and having diverse experiences. This cohort became my world for the past year and I learnt a lot from everyone of them in one-way or the other. Not studying and Interacting with them on a daily basis will surly be missed.
  2. In the first 15 days we received a number of emails from our alumnus. Everyone had a different story and advise to share. Today I have the same outlook each of my batch mates had a different journey and has a different experience. So savor the journey
  3. Learning from the faculty. This is one that will be dearly missed. Each of  the faculty members  is so much accomplished but their passion towards the classes and discussions is impeccable. They sum up a perfect combination of achievement , passion and humility.
  4. The campus. Although I worked in a company which only had sprawling offices but IIMA campus has its own vibe. the air on this side of the wall is different. I will miss  all the late night syndi walks and my runs across the campus. The campus was my home for a year and staying on campus with the batch mates has helped forge bonds which will last a lifetime.
  5. Almost all the lectures. Every subject helped me learn something new. The experience of the classroom and the opportunities to  stand and make presentations in the well is an humbling experience.
  6. Placement preparation was a period where we had nerves but  the memories  of  all the preparation helped in re-enforcing the learning and case preps added a new diemsion.
  7. Last but the most important my syndicate. The Syndi mates and most importantly all the discussions. This is a place where all the learning was applied and who corrected my mistakes.All the late night discussions and coffee's hold a special place. This was my family for a year and I  will miss working with them.
In the induction program the chairperson had mentioned you are embarking on a journey of transformation the tapasya students will be undergoing. After the year there have been changes in individuals and the bigger  ones will bear time to fruit.

  1. A strong belief in the power of teamwork and the magic it can create well the end results are there for  you.
  2. A broader  outlook to analyze things.
  3. The power of learning and unlearning.
  4. Some key concepts which are used so frequently  that they become second nature a part of your muscle memory which are always  put to  use when reading anything 
  5. The power of annual reports and the wealth of  information you can gather from them to  be well informed for a meaningful discussion 

I would like  to congratulate the graduating class of 2018. All the best to one and all for your scintillating careers which I know for sure will be very bright. I personally look forward to my journey as a tech strategy consultant.

Thank you IIMA you have been very kind and special !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment